No products in the cart.
During primitive era a pound of mace was worth three sheep or half a cow, a pound of ginger was worth a sheep. The war of spain, Portugal, Holland, France and Britain over spice producing colonies shows the importance of Treasure of East.
The spice history of India dates back more than 7000 years. During the age of renaissance India was the major supplier of Spices to most of the countries in Europe. Major crusades and expedition including Vasco Da Gama to East were carried out for the lure of the Indian Spices.
Spices are broadly divided into two namely,major spices and minor spices. Reports proved that around 109 spices grown in different parts of the world and 83 among them are seen in India. These characteristics name India as the “Land of Spices”. To buy Indian Spices many are floating to the Asian subcontinent.
Important Spices Of India
- Cardamom or Elaichi : To give good flavour to food and control bad breath.
- Cinnamon or Dalchini : Used for preparing masalas and helps insulin production.
- Clove or Laung : Used in seasoning and preparing masalas.
- Cumin or Jeera : Good source of iron and keep one immune from diseases.
- Ginger or Adrak : Used in cooking and helps to avoid digestive problems.
History of spices is a story of conquest, rivalry, exploration and adventure. The demand of Indian Spices, made India the spice bowl of the world.
When we enjoy a spicy food, it will be interesting to know that once countries fought each other for getting dominance over these spice sale in world. Thus the taste and origin of spices are hot for ever.