1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
The information we gather from you helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at GoEthnic.com. We use your information to assist sellers in handling orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists, and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website and enable Third Parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
“Personal Information” refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the person, to whom such information pertains including, but not limited to name, postal address, email address, fax number, landline or mobile telephone number, financial profiles, identification number and credit card information, location details as well as other non-sensitive personal information. If you use our Website, we may also collect information about you or your computer when you browse to allow you to use the Services available.
Your Personal Information may be collected in various ways as listed below:
- When you register as a user on the Website;
- When you register as a seller on the Website;
- When you avail certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for sale, online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with IndianOnlineSpices’s customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website; or
- Otherwise doing business on the Website or otherwise dealing with any IndianOnlineSpices’s affiliates or entity.
We may also store your browsing information, primarily, to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
We may track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our Users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis and this information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. Please note that your IP address does not identify you personally.
If you choose to post product reviews and tips about our services or post messages or leave feedback, we retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide the requested Services and in optimization of our Website.
- to contact/ communicate you from time to time with service updates or other information important for our Services;
- to respond to your inquiries or fulfil your requests for information about the various products and services offered on the Website;
- to permit third parties who may need to contact users who have bought products from the Website to facilitate services and any other product related support;
- to customize, measure and improve our Services, Content and Advertising;
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that IndianOnlineSpices believes may be of interest to you;
- to promote the Services or Special Offers or Promotions related to our Website and Services or those of our subsidiaries and/or affiliates;
- to compare information for accuracy, and verify it with Third Parties;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences etc;
- to prevent illegal activity;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus and
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside India in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws including but not limited to Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules framed thereunder.
IndianOnlineSpices may also collect information other than Personal Information from you through our Website when you visit or use the website. Such information may be stored in our server logs. Please note that non-personal information will not identify you personally.
This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location,
- Details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- The type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.)
- The operating system of Your system, device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website,
- The duration of your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of your access
2. Website Usage & Cookies
We may gather certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, domain name, browser type, operating system, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our Website unless an attempt to damage the Website has been detected. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, or to administer our Websites. We may conduct analyses of user traffic to measure the use of our sites and to improve the content of our Websites and our Services.
For each user, our web server automatically recognizes the following:
- Host origin of the request
- Session data
- Page viewed
- Your browser type
- Operating system information
3. Mobile Privacy
4. Children’s Privacy
The IndianOnlineSpices website is a general audience website, and it and its related sites, applications, services, and tools are not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use IndianOnlineSpices.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
5. Security of Personal Information
- Security of your Personal Information is of utmost importance to us. IndianOnlineSpices uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information and to protect your Personal Information against loss, theft, unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- We maintain electronic, physical, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on “Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements”. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
- All Personal Information submitted to us is stored on a secure server. We do not store credit card numbers or related identifying information on any Website server. All such information is stored by our credit card processing partner(s), who are obligated to store such information using secure methods.
- We also use Third Parties to help us optimize our Website flow, content and advertising. All of our partners are under contract with us and they are obligated to keep your information confidential. However, IndianOnlineSpices is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. IndianOnlineSpices is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website)
However, it remains each user’s responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Website;
- To ensure no-one else uses the Website while the user’s machine is “logged on” to the Website service;
- To log off or exit from Website when not using it; and
- Wherever relevant, to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, IndianOnlineSpices shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
“Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of IndianOnlineSpices and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of IndianOnlineSpices), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
While We will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which We hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, We acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that We cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information.
You agree that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
6. Disclosure to Third Party
7. Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Information about IndianOnlineSpices.com users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of Vilcrafts Marketplace Private Limited.
8. Protection Measures
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Information. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our Website reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally.
10. Your Consent
11. Links to Third Party Websites
- Links to third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any third party electronic communication service may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, IndianOnlineSpices unless expressly specified on the Website
The email address/ phone information that you provide on the Website may be used to contact you about service offers from us. Please note that when you place an order, some of your Personal Information will be passed on to the others who shall need to have access to some Personal Information like courier companies, credit card processing companies, sellers etc. to enable them and IndianOnlineSpices perform their duties and fulfil your order requirements. We may also use that information to let you know of additional products and offers that you might be interested in. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, you may opt to not receive such communication or unsubscribe in future.