No products in the cart.
Navratri is a famous Indian Festival celebrated as the victory of good over evil. Mostly celebrated in autumn season of year over ten days(nine nights and ten days). Navaratri days are special with the sweet products which are so yummy and creates the complete feel of festival celebration.So let’s have a look at the recipe of mathura Ka peda and it’s wide varieties available in the Indian sweet markets.Mathura peda is so famous in India that the term is often used in aphorism like Mathura ka peda .Mathura acts as a brand name for peda sweet. While visiting Mathura, Mathura ke pede, Meva vati peda and export quality special peda attract the visitors.
Ingredients of Mathura Ka Peda
- 1 cup unsweetened khoya/mawa (150g)
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¾ cup / 120 g + 2 tbsp bura
- 3-5 tsp ghee (as required)
Method of preparation
- Cook khoya/mawa on low flame for 15 min stirring continuously. If khoya feels dry add 1-2 tsp ghee.
- Add milk & cook till milk dries.
- Switch off flame.
- Add cardamom powder & mix.
- Rest for 10 min. Do not let it cool down completely.
- Add bura sugar & mix well.
- Now try rolling it in to peda & if it breaks add 2-3 tsp hot ghee (adjust as required).
- Make round pedas.
- Roll it in 2 tbsp bura.
- Let it set for 30 min & then it is ready.
- Store at room temperature for 7 days.
Peda originated from Uttar Pradesh but got is variety and taste from Mathura. Mathura provides and sells best Peda. Mathura there is lot of varieties available for Peda. The flavors of pistachio, saffron, cardamom, and cashew are available. There are also various places in Uttar Pradesh and other region which sells Peda. Peda is also made in other states such as Gujarat, Karnataka and Maharashtra But the specialty which Mathura has nobody can beat that.
So once you visit Mathura surely you are supposed to visit the sweet shops to get the best Peda. To Buy sweets in India is easy now with many online shops available. If you are a good cook try your own version of peda and compare it with original mathura ka peda you buy online.