No products in the cart.
The queen of spices have greater demand in Europe, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavian countries, who are notable importers as well as consumers of cardamom. These countries use cardamom in traditional recipes, such as the spicy cake called ”Kuchen” in Germany or the Christmas bread ”Julekake” in Scandinavia.
The demand for Asian food in Europe is rising. Since many Asian recipes use cardamom as an ingredient. The increasing demand for Asian food is due to two main causes, the multicultural population in Europe is growing. A percentage immigrants to Europe were of Asian descent.
Also Europeans are increasingly interested in exotic cuisines. They are linked with the rest of the world through the internet and travelling. Europeans can easily search for Asian, Kerala spices online and bring back taste of recipes from their Asian holidays .
Cardamom World wide Uses
- In the Middle East, green cardamom powder is used as a spice for sweet dishes.
- Green cardamom is often used in traditional Indian sweets and in masala chai (spiced tea).
- Component in spice mixes, of Indian and Nepali masalas and Thai curry pastes.
- Used in baking in the countries, in particular in Sweden, Norway, and Finland, where it is used in traditional treats such as the Scandinavian Jule bread Julekake, the Swedish kardemummabullar sweet bun, and Finnish sweet bread pulla.
- Cardamom is used to neutralize the toughest breath odors.
- In Korea, medicinal cardamom and black cardamom are used in traditional tea called jeho-tang.
- Green cardamom is one of the most expensive spice in the world.
To purchase Indian spices online, there are ethnic product marketplaces available. So you can buy the best quality cardamom or other organic Kerala spices. Queen of spices demand also benefit large number of cardamom farmers in India.